TheÂ year 2015 is about to end and it’s time to look back at the top smartphones launches that changed lives during the year. In fact, we came across many new devices and players Â throughout the year, notable among them being the Chinese manufacturers. We will list out the best among the new smartphones launches this year.
BEST TOP SMARTPHONES OF 2015
Samsung Galaxy S6
This was the game changer for Samsung. The design had a huge makeover. Years of plastic build had given way to unibody metal and glass combination. The Galaxy S6 was the flagship premium device in the real sense of the word. Everything on the new Galaxy S6 is a welcome change for the loyal Samsung users.
- It features a 16 MP rear camera and a 5 MP front snapper.
- It has 3 GB onboard RAM that’s what makes it a multitasking giant. The cameras are superior, the qHD display is one of the sharpest by the industry standard.
- The battery is what causes you to be worried a little, as it is seen to have battery drain due to the display.
- Software too has gone through a big change. The infamous TouchWiz interface which has drawn much flak for being leggy has been toned down a lot. It now has git rid of unnecessary bloatware.
Though expensive, it is a real gem for all of you Android lovers.
SEE ALSO:Â 7 BEST TORRENT SITES
Another premium device that came to please the audience. It has the leather back that makes it a luxury possession. The phone has everything one looks forward to in a smartphone – a great design, a display that offers vibrant colors and an impressive camera.
- It sports a 3 GB inbuilt RAM and a storage of 32 GB.
- You have a 16 MP rear camera and a 8 MP front snapper for your shooting pleasure.
- The large 5.5-inch screen is the impressive one among those available in the market. The camera is one of the best.
- In fact, it is the first phone that launched the concept of Laser Auto Focus which was later carried forward by Asus Zenfone 2 Laser.
One of the complete packages, but little disappointing in comparison to the likes of iPhone 6 and Galaxy S6.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Curves are the in thing these days. Samsung tested the new concept with Galaxy Note Edge and came up with the another variant of Galaxy S6. It has all those features that the topper of the year, Galaxy S6 has – but with the curved edges. For now, the curved edges have nothing more than adding to the looks. There is not much functionality as far as the curves are concerned.
- The phone has a 5.1-inch screen with the same QHD display and 3 GB RAM.
- You can buy it in three storage variants of 32, 64 and 128 GB.
- Even the cameras remain similar to Galaxy S6Â – a 16 MP rear and a 5 MP front snapper.
The price falls under a too expensive category, yet if you have an eye for a feature that differs much from the bigger lot – it could be a good choice for you.
Well, the name Apple says it all. It is the usual iPhone with the same powerful functionality, a great camera and the regular set of features you get only from an iPhone.
- The new iOS 9 software and the newer 3D touch interface make it the best at the top spot.
- The build is a carry forward from iPhone 6 but designed for better. Battery life could be an issue due to the compromise made for accommodating the 3D touch motor.
- Screen size is 4.7 inch with a storage capacity of 16, 64 and 128 GB.
- The 2 GB RAM could appear a little less, but the Apple ecosystem is completely different from the Android one.
It’s really a nice device, and Apple lovers will vouch for it.
SEE ALSO:Â EARN MONEY FROM APPS
Sony Xperia Z5
The phone is a welcome improvement over its predecessor, the Xperia Z3+. The camera has undergone a big change. There is the water resistance feature which lets you play with it unabashedly. Though the phone still uses the same Snapdragon 810 processor, Sony seems to have come up with some under the hood improvements.
- The camera is the USP of Sony Xperia Z5.
- It features a mammoth 23 MP rear camera along with a 5 MP front camera for your selfie needs.
- Sporting a 5.2-inch screen, it has a great design language. The frosted glass back is a treat to behold.
- You have 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage.
The phone now has a fingerprint scanner on it.
Apart from being a bigger variant ofÂ iPhone 6S, the phone has many features that make it set itself apart from the other device.
- The bigger 5.5-inch screen size is something new for Apple.
- The 12 MP rear camera has Optical Image Stabilisation along with good low light capabilities.
- There is a 5 MP front shooter for your selfie requirements.
- The full HD display packs in vibrant colors. The color reproduction is one of the best among contemporary phones.
- Battery life has definitely been an improvement. Apple has packed in a 2750 mAh battery taking advantage of the bigger size of the device.
True to the Apple history, the iPhone 6S is expensive. But if you are someone who always loved iOS and disappointed with the screen size on Apple phones, here is your chance to opt for a bigger iPhone.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+
The third from the Galaxy S range to feature in the top 10 list. It was elected, what with Samsung launching so many variants of its Galaxy S6. Better than the Galaxy Edge, the phone packs much more than what Edge offers.
- The 5.7-inch screen with qHD makes it a unique movie screen in your hands.
- The Galaxy S6 Edge Plus has all that you wanted in the Samsung flagship and gives you more of it – because of the larger screen.
- The phone gives you a mammoth 4 GB RAM making it robust multitasking giant.
- With 3000 mAh battery, it should give you a good backup.
The great design and features of Galaxy S6, the beauty of curves on a Galaxy S6 Edge and great feel of handling a pallet – that’s exactly what sums up Galaxy S6 Edge+.
HTC One M9
There are the usual exemplary features like BoomSound we are used to on an HTC flagship. Looks have always been the plus point for thus one. The phone has the best build quality ever.
- The camera has received an upgrade to 20.7 MP from the previous version.
- It sports a screen size of 5 inches with full HD resolution.
- The HTC One M9 comes with a 3 GB onboard RAM and a 32 GB internal storage.
- The design remains one of the favorite points to consider while you review an HTC device.
One Plus Two
The flagship killer of 2016 – as One Plus loves to grade it, One Plus Two has really been a great device to own. Great specification sheet and an affordable pricing – that’s exactly what made One Plus One a big success story in 2014. Now, One Plus Two does the same in 2015.
- The 5.5-inch screen has full HD resolution.
- You get 3 or 4 GB RAM depending on what storage variant you would love to opt for.
- The 16 GB version carries a 3 GB RAM while the 64 GB variant gets 4 GB.
- The One Plus One has repeated the same story of One Plus One with the new iteration.
- You get access to a mammoth 3300 mAh battery that should provide you a decent backup.
- The almost pure Android experience is a treat to enjoy.
SEE ALSO: SCREEN RECORDER SOFTWARE
So, here you go – the best ever Google device with the biggest ever screen.
- It features a 5.96-inch screen with ultra HD display. The screen got a boost to qHD quality and the phone makes an entry into the pallet category.
- It has got 3 GB RAM and two options for internal storage – 32 and 64 GB.
- With the stock Android experience, you will fall in love with it.
- Though some of us may turn away from it because of the huge size, it must state that it is the best ever packet.
It runs on Android Lollipop 6, but yes – being a Google device, you would get timely updates as and when they are available.
If you really love the big real estate, this one is surely for you.
So, that was the list of Top 10 devices thisÂ year. Though is have not listed them exactly in the order of their feature, yet Galaxy S6 continues to be my favorite. The list is not exhaustive and the order of preference is not exactly as it appears. There are many devices that still yearn for space in this list of best smartphones in 2015. A few of them are
Honor seems to have reestablished itself with this great smartphone. With the fingerprint scanner that works perfectly well, the Honor 7 is one of those great devices that are available at low price.
EmotionUI may be a concern for some users, but you can change the default launcher. The camera has been improved a lot.
Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen)
It is one of the most popular smartphones that was launched in 2015. The best feature it has been the water resistance it offers.
It employs a smaller processor, and as such lacks a few camera functionality. The phone can be used without any issues underÂ the one-meter depth of water for 30 minutes. The phone has 16 GB of internal storage and a 2 GB RAM.
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
It has a 5.7-inch display, it would say it is one best among the devices currently available. The S-Pen and the improvements it has received make it a force to reckon with.
The design is completely in tune with Galaxy S6. The glass and metal unibody construction are the latest trend on Samsung flagship devices. The 16 MP rear camera is worth the effort you would go through the shooting great images.
SEE ALSO :ANDROID 6.0 MARSHMALLOW
Moto X Style
Moto X was the game changer for Motorola. Having secured its roots in the crowded Indian smartphone market, Motorola has plans to further cash in the success of Moto X. It packs in a faster processor now. The beefed up 5.2-inch screen boasts of AMOLED technology. You can getÂ the clear blacks and vibrant colors.
The 13 MP camera is quite capable in terms of good photography. Style, as the name indicates has been the focal point of the device. The Moto Maker lets you have complete customization of your Moto. Get the color of the metal areas changed, or opt for a good mix of mobile back covers in a variety of materials like leather, rubber and wood.
The Snapdragon 808 processor, though not one of the snappiest handles the operations smoothly. Then, being a Phone with pure Android, you will get timely updates.
The younger sibling of Nexus 6P is a device withÂ its own set of awesome features and drawbacks. You get an excellent screen and a great set of cameras. It is powered by a slower processor, and that has resulted in it having a lack of some features. Especially, lack of a few camera features could be a reason to worry.
However, it can be treated as a good upgrade for the last year’s Nexus 5 which had drawn more flak than being appreciated.
That should complete my personal list of the best top Â smartphones in 2015. You need not see the devices featured above necessarily in that order, as it depends on individual preferences to choose the best device. Yet, I would consider the top ten list to be adequately the best you will find in any review site. If still any of the readers feel the need for a device to be added to the list, they may choose to comment in the responses below.Like and Share this article in social networking sites and also subscribe to our newsletter for faster & awesome updates.
- 1 BEST TOP SMARTPHONES OF 2015